CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Opinion, Take It Or Leave It!


  • New Hispanic Wrestlers Wanted!




With the growing population of Hispanic people in the U.S., WWE officials have decided this is something that should be reflected in their business. Problem is their is not many bilingual Hispanic wrestlers. Recently WWE signed Germán Figueroa, better known as Apolo from TNA's LAX stable, he was signed to a developmental contract and will be wrestling for Florida Championship Wrestling until he is called up to one of the main rosters. He doesn't have the best background check, but he is bilingual, tall, and has a good physique. I understand the reasoning behind wanting more Hispanic wrestlers. They have always been a huge part of this industry and their American population is growing more and more every year. So it only makes since to want more in the WWE. Currently I can only think of 3 employed by WWE at the moment (Mysterio, Chavo, & Super Crazy), but is Germán Figueroa one that you really want to take a chance with? He has a history of domestic abuse & not paying child support and has spent a little time in jail for both. Also he was let go from TNA for not showing up for a match during his last run there. Now I understand that you don't have much to chose from, but I do hope you give him some time in your developmental territory to see how he works with others. Maybe he is just someone that has had a couple of bad breaks and is needing one good one. If so I applaud the WWE for giving him a chance, but due to WWE's recent turmoils this past year I would be a little leery of calling him up too soon.







  • Get Well Soon Cena, But Not Too Soon




John Cena's rehabilitation is going very well and he is said to be slightly ahead of schedule. Officials are hoping that he returns just after WrestleMania. The worst case scenario should have him back before the summer. Honestly take the time and get fully healed first. You will be better than ever when you return! Despite what the officials are saying WWE does not need you back right now. Okay everyone stop cursing at me for a second and let me explain myself! The world is hating Orton right now, a lot! He had a good rivalry so far with HBK and HHH, and has an even better one with Hardy. Right now the world is watching because they hate Orton so much that they want to see him get beat! Translated: Ratings! If I was the WWE I would keep the title on Orton for awhile, he is actually doing a good job at being champ. People love to hate him. Have him hold it until Cena's return. The huge pop Cena will get for finally taking down the "Legend Killer" will be the one that finally gets him over with the majority of the fans! That's my opinion, take it or leave it.







  • The ODB A Babyface?




Due to the positive crowd reactions, ODB will likely be booked as a babyface in the near future. I am very glad to hear this! Having met and talked to Jessica Kresa (AKA ODB) a couple of times, I can tell you she is a very nice person. WWE made a big mistake letting this one go! Plus I like her chances at taking the big Awesome Kong down. I think she can do it. Hopefully the powers that be over at TNA sees this and uses her to the best of her abilities.







  • Another Year Of The Stinger!




Sting, who'll be turning 49 in March, has re-signed with TNA for another year. He will be working a limited schedule in 2008. Basically, they'll put him out there when they actually need him, as opposed to having to find a role for him on every single show. He'll only do TV when it's leading up to a pay-per-view. Good News! I didn't want to see him retire ,but I also didn't want to see TNA riding on his shoulders either. I think this deal is the best thing for Sting and I am interested in seeing how he will be used this year.







  • Coachman The New Voice Of Smackdown?!?!?!?!




A lot of the Smackdown talent assumed Tazz would be getting his spot back, not me. ECW would not be ECW without Tazz, and I don't think Vince is ready just yet to give up on ECW. Although I really was not expecting Coachman. I was hoping for a wrestler for color commentator. Coachman is just not in the league of JBL, Tazz, and Lawler. Call me crazy but I was kind of hoping for Al Snow. Anyway it has been a couple of weeks since "The Coach" took the job and yes I still think he sucks at it!

0 comments: